We have designed a set of privacy principles, which govern how we use your personal information. The Institute gives students the opportunity to choose what personal information they provide to us and how we may share that information.
- The institute collects personal information only to provide educational opportunities to the students.
- The institute gives students and their families complete discretion as to how much additional information they disclose, beyond the minimum information needed to connect students with college success, or saving college lists.
- During the registration process, we ask students for the name, address, date of birth, gender and address. We may also ask for phone numbers and email addresses, school name, grade level or expected graduation date, ethnicity, and a parent’s name, email address, and education level.
- We ask students for personal information to help them make choices about their future.
- To help students receive the most relevant and accurate information about their course options and scholarship opportunities through query form or application form, we also ask optional questions about academic and extracurricular interests, career and field of study interests, family income, and religious preferences.
- We always encourage parents and guardians to get involved in their child’s educational choices, so we offer a service, called “CC: a Parent,” which allows the parents or guardians to receive copies of emails that their child requests to receive. If students provide a parent’s name and email address, that parent will receive an email from the institute asking if they want to receive copies of the emails that their students will receive.
- We will not ask students to send credit card, bank, or password information over the phone or by email.
- We sometimes send text messages or emails or call them on the phone to communicate about the course information, timetable and examination details, etc..
- We only share student information for educational purposes.*
- We use the information to send customized college planning information.
- We use student’s information to provide them course collateral and other educational or extracurricular activity information on time.
- We share a limited amount of personal data with our partners — and only that data needed for the sole purpose of student background verification.
- On our website, we use student information to customize and personalize the content users see, such as important reminders about test dates and college-planning milestones.
- The institute does not sell student information.