Do you look forward to being a TV show Anchor or News Editor? A Mass Communication course is what you are looking for. With the right course of mass communication and school, you can do wonders in this field and earn a great salary. There are different career options after pursuing Mass Communication that you can choose from as per your requirements and interests.
NRAI Mass Communication School Courses
The courses of Mass Communication are quite diverse and they rope in all the important components of media. There are several levels of Mass Communication courses to suit the requirements and interests of the candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field. Best Mass communication college NRAI school of Mass communication offers a wide array of such courses.
|Name of the Mass Communication Course||Type of Course||Duration|
|Diploma Course in Development Journalism||Diploma||4 months|
|Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||Diploma||2 years|
|BA in Journalism||Undergraduate Degree||3 years|
|BA Hons Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC)||Undergraduate Degree||3 years|
|Diploma in Media Studies||Diploma||3 years|
|BA Hons Multi-Media & Mass Communication (BMMMC)||Undergraduate Degree||3 years|
|Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)||Undergraduate Degree||3 years|
|BA Hons in Hindi Journalism & Mass Communication (BHJMC)||Undergraduate Degree||3 years|
|B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication||Undergraduate Degree||3 years|
|M.A in Journalism and Mass Communication||Post-graduate Degree||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Journalism & Corporate Communication (DBJCC)||Post-graduate Diploma||1 year|
|P.G. Certificate Course in Hindi Journalism||Post-graduate Certification||1 year|
|P.G. Diploma in Hindi Journalism||Post-graduate Diploma||2 years|
|Ph.D. in Mass Communication||Doctorate Degree||2 years|
NRAI School of Mass Communication Eligibility Criteria
It is imperative for candidates to fulfill the eligibility of the best mass communication college in order to secure a seat in the institute of their choice.
- In order to pursue any journalism and mass comm course diploma, you will have to first complete your education up to class 12 from a recognized board of education.
- You are required to score at least 45% to 50% marks in class 12 in order to be eligible for the undergraduate degree courses.
- However, post-graduate degree and diploma courses require you to possess a graduation degree and diploma respectively with at least 50% marks
Skills Required to be Mass Communication Specialist
Some important skills that are required for the profession of Mass Communication are given below.
- The most basic skill required in the field of mass communication is good communication and writing ability.
- Candidates must have a flair for the language in which they wish to pursue mass communication course.
- Graduates in this field must have the ability to network and create media contacts in order to get the latest insights.
- Ability to work in rough conditions and under pressure is another necessary requirement.
There are numerous media houses, news channels, magazines and newspapers that hire mass communication graduates.
Apart from that, you can also apply for roles like copywriter, content writer, blogger, etc. after completing your graduation in this field. Following are some of the highest paying profiles in this field:
- TV Anchor
- News Editor
- Senior Journalist
- Junior Journalist
- Screen Writer
India has some of the leading colleges of Mass Communication. Every year, thousands of students flock to these colleges for seeking admission in their Mass Communication courses. Some of the best Mass Communication colleges in India are given below.
- NRAI School of Mass Communication, Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media (IIJNM), Bangalore