Mass Communication is one of the most creative and imaginative fields students are pursuing nowadays. The field of mass communication is becoming popular day by day. With increasing demands of creative people in the field of Mass Communication, many students are going forward in this way.
Delhi As a Hub of Mass Communication & Journalism Institutes in India
Mass communication is emerging with vast career opportunities. Delhi being the capital of the country and the hub to many best academic institutions and many media houses offering some of the best journalism courses in Delhi.
The exposure, learning, and placement potential in the Journalism colleges in Delhi is higher than in any other state. Apart from theoretical knowledge, it provides the best industry practice which offers practical training for Media aspirants from all over India and neighboring countries. It provides internship opportunities to make them industry-ready.
What to expect from a journalism degree
With the changing global trends, fields like Mass Communication and Journalism are attracting more and more students. The degree helps in expanding your network in the media industry, a free platform to express, offers a multiple career option, and ample opportunities to travel and explore. The courses can be done full-time, part-time, correspondence, and online as well.
In the first year, basics are taught about the field such as journalism, its ethics, and laws and in the later years, the opted field of specialization is taught.
In this blog, we have covered Top Journalism Colleges in Delhi and their fees structure of different Journalism courses offered:
List of Institutes and their Journalism Course fees in Delhi
- NRAI School of Mass Communication (NRAISMC):
- This institute offers students a wide range of renowned courses, especially in Journalism. The Bachelor’s in Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) is a full-time 3 years course.
- They charge Rs 74,000, per year and its total fees is Rs. 2,22,000.
- The Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC) is a full -time two years course. Per year fees is Rs. 74,000 and the total fees is Rs. 1,48,000.
- PG Diploma in Mass Communication is a full-time one year course. It costs 70,000.
- Certificate Programs like Digital Film Making Acting, TV Anchoring and Radio Jockeying is a part-time 16 days course, which costs Rs.21,000.
- Still, Photography is a part-time 26 days course that charges Rs. 30,000 fees. They provide quality training to their students, who later shine in their respective fields. They have excellent faculty.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC):
- This institute offers a full-time one-year PG Diploma (PGD) in six courses.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Public Relation costs Rs. 1,23,00 course.
- Post Graduate Diploma in English and Hindi Journalism costs Rs. 87,000.
- Post Graduate Diploma Radio and TV Journalism costs Rs. 1,60,000. Post Graduate Diploma in Urdu Journalism costs Rs. 47,000.
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC):
- This institute is affiliated with Apeejay Stya University. They offer a full-time one-year Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) degree in five streams.
- The courses are PGD in Advertising and Marketing Communication, Post Graduate Diploma in Television and Radio Journalism/ Production, Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Financial Journalism, Post Graduate Diploma in Digital media and Online Journalism, Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Communication and Event Management.
- These courses cost up to Rs. 2,50,000. These courses also include 8 months of internship.
- International Institute of Mass Media (IIMM):
- This institute offers Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. It is a full-time three years course which costs around Rs. 2,50,000.
- Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication is a two years course which costs around Rs. 1,80,000.
- This college also offers Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising, Public Relations, and Marketing, this is a one-year course which costs up to Rs. 85,000.
- The Camera Handling and shooting course and Non- Linear editing course are also offered to students, which is of 5 months course and cost Rs. 62,500.
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC):
- This College is affiliated with Delhi University. It only offers a three years undergraduate degree course in Journalism to students. Their total fees are Rs. 53,535, which is comparatively lesser than others.
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women:
- This College is affiliated with Delhi University. They only offer full-time three years of undergraduate level degree in Journalism to students. They charge total fees of Rs. 81,570 from each student for the course.
- Kamala Nehru College (KNC):
- This College comes under Delhi University. They offer students a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism. It is a full-time three years course. Their fee for the whole three years course is Rs. 56,100.
- Indraprastha College for Women:
- This college is affiliated with Delhi University. This college offers students a Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia and Mass Communication. This is a full-time, on-campus, three years course. They charge Rs 1,15,00 in the first year and the total fees are Rs 3,45,000.
- Kalindi College:
- This College is affiliated with Delhi University. This College offers students an undergraduate degree course in Journalism. This degree is a full-time three years, on-campus course. It costs around Rs. 21,747 in the first year. The total cost of this course is Rs. 65,241. This college also offers a certificate course in Video Production for 22 weeks. It cost around Rs. 15,000.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU):
- This University offers few Journalism courses to students. The Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication is a full-time three years course, costing up to Rs. 2,01,000. The Masters of Journalism and Mass Communication is two years course and the Ph.D. in Mass Communication is a three years course.
The UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate courses are offered by many colleges. Candidates should go through this list and choose the best Journalism college in Delhi. Keeping in mind, the fee structure, types, and degrees of courses offered, one should decide.